How can you use Garageband on your PC? In this guide, you will get to learn about using Garageband on Windows 10 PC.
Garageband is a software used in music (audio) production. With this application, you can edit, record, and produce audio music files on your device. However, this software is made for macOS and iOS gadgets because the developer is Apple.
Initially, Garageband was meant for macOS devices, but in 2011 Apple released a new version that could work on iOS (iPad). It is more like the macOS version, but not totally. Thus, if you want to create music from your PC, then you need to install Garageband on your PC.
So, step by step guide to download and use Garageband software on Windows 10
How to Download Garageband on Windows 10
The following are ways you can download and use Garageband on Windows 10.
Using iOS Emulators
Different iOS emulators work on Windows 10 PC. All you require is to download the latest versions and install them on your PC. Here are some of the emulators you can use.
- Air iPhone Emulator
- Xamarin TestFlight
- MobiOne Studio
Today you will learn how to use Garageband on your Windows 10 PC using iPadian.
Use iPadian to Get Garageband
- To download iPadian, visit ipadian.net to get the new version of this emulator. Currently, it supports iOS 13.
- When the download process is complete, install the emulator on your Windows 10 PC.
- Then launch the iPadian and open App Store.
- On the App Store, go to the Search tab and type Garageband.
- Click Get to download the app on your PC.
After the download is complete, you can now open the app and start recording and editing audio music on Windows 10 PC.
Use Air iPhone Emulator
Air iPhone emulator is another iOS simulator you can install in your Windows 10 PC.
- To download it go to air-iphone.informer.com.
- Before you download this, ensure you install Adobe Air from this link.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the software, you can now install the Air iPhone emulator on your PC.
- When all is done, you can now open the emulator, and you will notice it simulates iPhone’s graphic user interface.
- Go to the App Store and search for Garageband and tap on get to download the app on your PC and start your journey in music production.
Another iOS emulator you can use on your Windows 10 PC to access any iOS app through your browser.
- To make that happen, go to appetize.io and follow the steps of using this simulator.
- First, download Garageband apk to your PC then upload it to appetize’s website.
- After doing that, you can follow the next steps and begin using the Garageband from your PC’s browser.
- However, the first one hundred hours of using this simulator are free, but you will pay $0.05 to use it on your PC.
Check if your PC using the AMD processor. Most AMD processors are not compatible with AMD-Virtualization. Before using this method, make sure if it allows virtualization.
- To use this step, you first need to download the AMD-Virtualization compatibility checker application from https://www.amd.com/en/.
- Or go to third party sites like Softpedia to download AMD Virtualization Technology and Microsoft Hyper-V System Compatibility Check Utility.
- The downloaded file will be in a compressed folder, and you will require an extraction software like 7-Zip or WinZip.
- Then open the compressed folder and extract amdvhyperv.exe and Run it as Administrator.
- In case your PC is not compatible with AMD-Virtualization, you will be prompted after running the exe file.
- The next step is downloading VMware Workstation Pro v.15.5. Other alternatives for VMware are VirtualBox, QEMU, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, VMware Fusion, etc.
- However, today you will learn about how to use VMware Workstation.
- To download it go to vmware.com and click on Workstation 15.5 Pro for Windows.
- Additionally, download macOS Sierra to enable you to create a virtual machine.
- Follow this link to download macOS Sierra.
- Then go to BIOS and change the settings to allow virtualization for the OS to run in x64 mode.
- After downloading macOS Sierra, now go to macOS Sierra 10.12 tool, then Final YouTube Folder and Unlocker208.
- When you have done that, scroll down to win-install and Run it as administrator.
- After that open VMware and then click on Open a Virtual Machine and go to macOS Sierra then macOS Sierra 10.12 tools then Final YouTube Folder then macOS Sierra folder and tap on macOS 10.12.
The OS will launch, but the next thing you must do is to select Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
- In the next step, you need to choose the number of processor cores. For example, PC processors can be either dual-core or Quad-core for Quad-Core PC’s select four as the number of processor cores.
- Here you need to Boot macOS Sierra.
- First, re-open VMware Workstation Pro 15.5 and click Play Virtual Machine option.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes, then choose your country and select continue to go to keyboard language.
- After that, a new Window will pop-up informing you to transfer information to this Mac. Select “Don’t transfer any information now.”
- You will also be required to Enable Location Services. This is to help you get more macOS applications.
- Then Sign in or Create a new Apple ID because you cannot perform anything on macOS without you signing in.
- Furthermore, Agree to Terms and Conditions. However, you will be asked whether you like to set up iCloud Keychain to choose set up later.
- Next, you will need to set your time zone and then wait for a maximum of ten minutes for the process to finalize.
- By doing that, you will install macOS Sierra on your Windows 10 PC. Then go to App Store and install Garageband and begin making music on your PC.
Features of Garageband
- With Garageband, you can easily create music on your Windows 10 PC. You don’t need musical instruments to make music. Some of the popular music categories you can create with this software are Hip-Hop, Electro Dance music, rock, blues, etc.
- Be sure to make high-quality music with Garageband as it has been used with top music producers before and now.
Learn About Music Production
- Even if you are new to this application, you can learn to make music as it comes with in-built lessons for guitar and piano.
Share Your Music
- Your main aim when creating music is for it to reach all people around the world. But with different things, your music can take time before it becomes global. However, with Garageband, you are sure that you can share your music to all parts of the world.
Edit and Play from Anywhere
- With iCloud service available, you can edit your music from anywhere at any time. Whether you created a melody on your iOS device, you can import it to your macOS PC and continue creating the music.
Edit and Record Music
- Garageband allows you to record and edit your music because it has powerful features. With it, you don’t need anything else. Do all your music production from your PC.
Best Alternatives for Garageband
The following are some of the alternatives you can use in place of Garageband.
Fl Studio 12
Formerly it was referred to as FrutiyLoops. Image-Line Software is the developer of this digital audio workstation. It works on both macOS and Windows PCs. Additionally, you can access it in two languages (Dutch or English).
Developed by Steinberg, this software works on both macOS and Windows PC. Therefore, if you want to create your music from your PC, then download and install this application. Visit Steinberg Cubase’s official website through Cubase.com.
Do you have a Windows PC and want to create music? Then you need software that is compatible with your device. Acoustica, Inc. developed this application, and currently, you can download and install Mixcraft 9.0 Pro.
Is GarageBand good for making music?
- Yes. Because it is free and has advanced music creation features. However, to get additional features, you will have to pay for them.
Can you make professional music with Garageband?
- Yes. Since its release, many top music producers and artists like Rihanna, Oasis, and T-Pain have used this software in creating their music.
Is Garageband available for PC?
- No. Presently, there is no official version of Garageband for PC. However, you can use an emulator and Virtual Machines to make music on your PC.
Is Garageband only for Apple?
- As of now, Garageband is only available for Apple devices (iOS and macOS).
If you want to use Garageband to make music from your Windows 10 PC, then I am sure you have learned a lot. Share this guide with all your friends and family who like music creation. For any questions, please leave a comment and we will reply promptly.